I took my mother for granted, but it’s never too late to remember….
1. The way she wore her make-up. Just lipstick & mascara.
2. Short-hand typing. Marvellous swirly foreign shapes on the lined page.
3. Shoe shops. Our favourite game.
4. Laughing like drains until we lost control of our legs.
5. Her giant bras.
6. Rock cakes. She was always baking.
7. Freckles. Loads of ‘em on her long, safe arms.
If your mother is near, study her and take her all in. Save the memory for a day when you may need it.