Things I love about the big ‘un:-
- the way his right eye goes all wobbly when he’s drinking with intent. So like his dad (wobbly genes?)
- the fact that he can perfectly recall a line from a movie he saw 12 months ago
- how he sneaks the dog on to his bed at night (later forcibly ejected)
- the way he sometimes still says ‘free’ when he means ‘three’
- his incredible eyes
Things I love about the little ‘un:-
- how he gets hiccups when he laughs too much
- the way he talks about Star Wars as soon as he opens his eyes in the morning
- that he asks for a ham sandwich for breakfast every single day
- the way he tells me I look ‘beautiful like a princess’ even when my princess days have quite clearly bolted
These things I shall treasure always, as a part of their ‘being’ and a precious element of their ever-changing childhood.
Life’s a journey, save every step.